The Georgia Urban Forest Council provides education, technical support, and leadership to build local capacity for addressing urban forestry management issues.
The Council strives to keep communities informed of new urban forestry research and education. Our resources on this website include:
- Presentations: PDF files of GUFC educational programming and weblinks to publications by renowned educators of urban forestry.
- Best Management Principles: up-to-date with current best management practices, informative articles and publications by experts in the field, and cutting-edge urban forestry news
- Tree Talks, GUFC’s informative quarterly newsletter which spotlights programs and accomplishments of the Council.
- SHADE Magazine, GUFC’s popular annual magazine highlighting conference proceedings and interviews with urban forestry leaders, organizations, and volunteers.
- “Georgia’s Tree Ordinances: Results of the Survey of Community Tree Regulation in Georgia” – A commissioned project to learn more about tree ordinances and tree-related regulations in Georgia. This project includes a survey and review of tree ordinances across the state. Originally on CD, this study can now be downloaded from this website in PDF files!
- College Tree Canopy Survey - GUFC’s recent survey of Georgia colleges and universities about their urban forestry programs.
- Web Links to informative websites of urban forestry, natural resource, and environmental organizations.
- E-learn Urban Forestry, an interactive online introduction to urban forest management, presented by The Office of the Southern Regional Extension Forester, the USDA FS Region 8–Urban and Community Forestry Program along with the Southern Group of State Foresters