The most common benefit associated with trees is shade, which, on a hot summer day in Georgia, can make a huge difference in keeping us cool. Trees reduce energy consumption, contributing to both lower heating and cooling costs. Do you know the other benefits of trees?
- Trees have also been found to add up to 15% to residential property values.
- Trees contribute to economic stability by enhancing business and tourism.
- Trees improve the mental and physical health and well-being of people.
- Trees contribute to a sense of community pride and ownership.
- Trees provide privacy and a sense of solitude and security.
- Trees clean water, conserve water, and reduce soil erosion.
- Trees clean the air and reduce air pollution.
- Trees create wildlife and plant diversity.
- Curious as to a monetary value your trees provide? Use the National Tree Benefits Calculator.